Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Extract and cut audio from avi file

There's this particular clip in an avi file, whose audio I want to extract and convert to mp3.

1. mplayer movie.avi -edlout temp
- I can press 'i' to start to skip the sections that I don't want and 'i' again to 'unskip' the sections that I want.

2. mplayer -vc null -vo null -ao pcm -benchmark -edl temp movie.avi
- This will dump the audio as audiodump.wav according to the sections that I want in the edl file

* If I know the starting and stopping time of the section that I want extracted, I can skip step one and run this: (For example -ss 10 -endpos 26 = Stop at 1 minute 56 second... I think. Haven't tried this yet. Read it somewhere)

mplayer -vc null -vo null -ao pcm -benchmark -ss movie.avi

3. Then encode as mp3:

lame -h -b 128 audiodump.wav audio.mp3

No comments: