Thursday, August 10, 2006

Firefox and Mouse 2

Another thing I noticed about Firefox: Scrolling up and down a page very quickly with the mouse wheel will trigger the command 'Go Back' and 'Go Forward' respectively.

After reading some websites, I've found out that this is not a Firefox bug (therefore the title of this post is actually not justified) but rather a problem with xorg or something like that. Apparently this will occur in all applications with a horizontal scroll bar.

To prevent this from occuring in Firefox alone:

set mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.action to 0 in about:config

Or edit the xorg.conf:
For my case, I edited this line:

Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"

into

Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

## Note the absence of 6 and 7. Why they were there in the first place, I don't know. I only have one mouse wheel. At least, I think that 6 and 7 represent the second wheel (for horizontal scrolling?)

No comments: