Saturday, July 23, 2005

Fluxbox rocks!

Very very pleased with Fluxbox... I like it even better than Xfce4. :D

Found a new system monitor application called 'torsmo'. Very neat and clean. Now I'm torn between a simple system monitor or one with skins to choose from...

Figured out how to get shutdown and reboot to work with normal users (aka non-root users).
1. Open terminal. $su and then '$visudo'
2. Inserted these lines:

User_Alias USERS=username
Cmnd_Alias SHUTDOWN=/sbin/shutdown
USERS ALL=NOPASSWD:SHUTDOWN

3. $vim ~/.fluxbox/menu #to add these lines:

[exec] (Reboot) {sudo /sbin/shutdown now -r}
[exec] (Shutdown) {sudo /sbin/shutdown now -h}

## Ta-da!! Shutdown and reboot work and are listed in the menu.

Now I'm wondering if I want to add icons to the entries in the menu. I like them as they are now. But the menu would look nice also with icons beside each entry... hmmm...

No comments: